Infants UP TO 20 MONTHS
Our Philosophy: A happy child learns and develops. We believe that the respectful relationships we share with our children are paramount to their happiness
To foster these respectful relationships we:
- Listen to our children and respond to their cues accordingly.
- Recognise their capabilities and foster their independence.
- Handle them gently, with the utmost care
- Tell them what we are going to do before we do it.
- Take our time during care rituals (e.g. nappy changes) and use these as an opportunity to share quality time interacting with them.
- Allow them to reach developmental milestones in their own way and in their own good time.
- Provide them with time and freedom to follow their own interests and learning pathways – trying things out, solving problems, and making their own discoveries.
- Give them choices.
- Allow them to work through conflict situations, providing support when it is needed to empower them.
- Make ourselves available to them – for a cuddle … to share a story … to engage in a conversation with them.
Other Things that You Might Like to Know About Us:
- We provide a safe, inviting and relaxed environment.
- We value the relationships and open lines of communication we maintain with parents.
- We welcome your visits and phone calls.
- Our environment is breastfeeding friendly.
- We use “Baby Talk” (sign language for babies -www.babytalk.co.nz).
- We value your child’s learning and document it to share with you.
- We have programmes in place to ensure that children’s experience of transitioning from home to daycare and from our Infants’ Side to our Toddlers’ Side are positive.
- We are a stable, happy team that works well together, enjoying our chosen career path.
- We constantly review our practices to ensure that we are providing the best care and education for our children.
Meet the Teachers
TRACEY - Team Leader
Tracey is the mum of 3 and loves being surrounded by children. She is a respectful and caring teacher working in the Infants since 2011. Tracey is a primary trained teacher but has since realised that under 2’s is her passion. She believes in children being able to learn and develop at their own pace in a calm and nurturing environment. Her favourite part of this younger age group is being able to see their developmental milestones and the beautiful relationships that are built with the children and their families.
Jo is one of our longest serving teachers at Midcity and is particularly fond of working with infants. She has a very peaceful, calm manner which creates a lovely atmosphere for our babies. Jo feels strongly about putting their needs first and believes that the caring and respectful relationships we develop and share with them are crucial to their happiness and future success.
Becs is married with 2 children. She has always been involved with and had a real love for children. Becs is a qualified and registered teacher with over 18 years experience. She believes that children learn best through unhurried, calm and positive interactions with educators that are attuned to their needs. Becs looks forward to working alongside you, nurturing your children to learn and grow.
Sacha has been working in the Early Childhood sector since 2006, and has a special bond with our babies. She is always available for hugs with our younger children and has a lovely calm manner. Sacha is a very happy, positive person and is respectful in her teacher practice.